1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer

Frequently asked questions about study abroad

Does it cost money to see an education counsellor at JHM Consultancy

JHM Consultancy’s services are free for students. There is no cost to students to book an appointment with JHM Consultancy. Students do not pay an agent fee to JHM Consultancy to study overseas. There may be some small fees such as courier fees or document verification fees. For more information, phone or speak to your nearest JHM Consultancy counsellor or complete our inquiry form.

What is JHM Consultancy?

JHM Consultancy is a global leader in helping students to study overseas. JHM Consultancy helps students gain entry into quality education institutions in the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Over the past 9 years, JHM Consultancy has helped many students realise their international education goals. Our experienced education counsellors are well-trained to support and provide professional guidance to international students.

Will JHM Consultancy help me with advice after I am offered a place and student visa?

Yes, JHM Consultancy will invite you to attend a pre-departure information session that will cover topics such as: student life in your new country, adapting to the culture and how to deal with homesickness. In addition, your counsellor can provide information on items such as accommodation, setting up a bank account and obtaining phone cards.

What should I consider when choosing what and where to study?

When considering what and where to study, an JHM Consultancy counsellor will match your academic interests and your career goals with course information from 600 universities and institutions across the world. It is very important that you think about the convenience of the study location for you, the institution’s ranking, the amount of time you would like to spend away from home and the total cost of studying and living overseas. A country’s economic, political and social stability are also factors you should consider when studying away from home. If you would like to explore the option of staying in the country after your studies you will need to be aware of the migration policies in place and that these government policies can change at any time. Your counsellor will be able to guide you on the courses, institutions and locations that best meet your preferences.

What financial support is available?

There are a limited number of scholarships and bursaries available for international students. The amount varies by level of study and by institution. Scholarships are competitive and you need to demonstrate exceptional academic achievements. Governments and other organisations also provide a number of scholarships and awards to help international students study overseas. Your JHM Consultancy expert will have details of various scholarship schemes.

What opportunities are there for working and studying at the same time?

The opportunity for students to work part-time during their studies varies from country to country. Many universities have a dedicated job center on-campus for students that advertise job opportunities to help students develop skills. The university careers service is also a useful source of information. If you pursue a course at degree level or above you may be permitted to work while on an international student visa.

When should I begin the application process for my studies?

It is recommended you begin your application process at least a year in advance to allow enough time for your applications to be processed and to prepare for your time overseas.

Are the IceTheme templates XHTML/CSS Valid?